Friday, June 3, 2011

Ok, I'm Back

I hope you didn't miss me too much.........the truth is, I needed a break from posting because I had so much spinning around in this crazy head of mine. I had to pack to move, work two jobs, decide about a relationship and about ten other ideas, thoughts, dreams and fantasies. There's still a lot happening but I didn't want this blog to die. I probably won't post every day anymore but I'll do something to keep you folks entertained. Let me give you a summary on what has happened:

I moved to Stuy Town two weeks ago. A friend had a free bedroom because his roommate moved out, and so I took it. I feel that I can make enough between the two jobs to afford it. It happens to be two blocks from O'Hanlon's where I am the house DJ. It's a few buildings away from my aunt and uncle, who I love. There are several other friends who live in Stuy Town as well, which is good because I don't feel as if I'm a total stranger there.
           The only downer is that my very favorite female classmate from high school, "The Lady Of My Dreams", lives virtually in the next building and she has unfortunately determined that my always being around equates to me stalking her. Whether people believe it or not, it's up to them, but that is not my intention here. It's a crazy coincidence that I live so close. I am making an effort to actually avoid her to help remedy the situation. I actually try to time my errands for when she is most likely to not be around. At the same time, I plan on staying here a while, so people who don't accept me can just deal with it. I've always wanted to live here, and I will.
            Just a quick note to any ladies interested, I'm available again..... :) That's all I'll say about that for now.

        The next thing is: I'm working for Zaarly.com now. It's an internet startup company that I think has a lot of promise. It's only in existence a few months and is only active in New York a few weeks. It's basically the reverse of Craigslist, where people place offers for items to be purchased or errands to be run for a price. I think this is a great opportunity because I will get a salary plus receive a fee for every offer I fill, whether its picking up food or bringing clothes to the cleaners or walking the dog, for example. There's a lot of very busy and/or lazy people in New York that I think will use this service.
       Besides that, I am the house DJ at O'Hanlon's bar on 14th St. Every weekend, the place is pretty crowded and it seems that everyone likes the music I'm playing. The important thing is the owner and bartenders like what I'm doing as well. It's fun and it's close to home. The free drinks don't hurt either, unless I have too many. :)
       I'm also starting work on setting up my high school class reunion, the 25th Reunion(ugh, am I really that old). Anyway, I am excited about doing it and the plans are coming along nicely. It will be in October 2012 and I pretty much have the venues chosen for that weekend. I'm hoping for a really good turnout. It's wild to me that I've gone from not wanting to go to reunions to being the main organizer, but life can certainly change. I can surely attest to that.
       That's it for now. I'll be back when another 10 things happen in my life, probably by Monday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment