Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Top 100 Rap/Hip Hop Favorites

This was an interesting list to do. I may not seem like a logical expert on Rap music, but considering where I grew up(The East Village/LES), I was exposed to this genre quite a bit and actually do know every one of these tunes. Here it is:
#1 The Sugarhill Gang – Rapper’s Delight
#2 50 Cent – In Da Club
#3 Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys – Empire State Of Mind
#4 Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force – Planet Rock
#5 Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five – White Lines(Don’t Do It)
#6 Rob Base & D.J. E-Z Rock – It Takes Two
#7 House Of Pain – Jump Around
#8 Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5 – The Message
#9 Kanye West Feat. Jamie Foxx – Gold Digger
#10 Kurtis Blow – The Breaks
#11 MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This
#12 Nelly – Hot In Herre
#13 Sir Mix-A-Lot – Baby Got Back
#14 Biz Markie – Just A Friend
#15 De La Soul – Me, Myself & I
#16 Digital Underground – The Humpty Dance
#17 Eminem – Lose Yourself
#18 Fugees – Killing Me Softly
#19 Coolio Feat. L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise
#20 Naughty By Nature – O.P.P.
#21 Run DMC & Aerosmith – Walk This Way
#22 Notorious B.I.G. – Hypnotize
#23 Tone-Loc – Wild Thing
#24 2Pac – California Love
#25 Doug E. Fresh & Slick Rick – The Show
#26 Salt-N-Pepa – Push It
#27 Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg – Nuthin But A G Thang
#28 Eminem – My Name Is
#29 PM Dawn – Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
#30 Salt N Pepa & En Vogue – Whatta Man
#31 2 Live Crew – Me So Horny
#32 Audio Two – Top Billin’
#33 Beastie Boys – (You Gotta)Fight For Your Right(To Party)
#34 Black Sheep – The Choice Is Yours
#35 Bone Thugs-N-Harmony – Tha Crossroads
#36 Cypress Hill – Insane In The Brain
#37 DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – Summertime
#38 L.L. Cool J.- Mama Said Knock You Out
#39 Eric B. & Rakim – Follow The Leader
#40 Snoop Dogg - Gin And Juice
#41 L.L. Cool J. – I Need Love
#42 Naughty By Nature – Hip Hop Hooray
#43 Public Enemy – Fight The Power
#44 Whodini – Freaks Come Out At Night
#45 Young MC – Bust A Move
#46 Arrested Development – Tennessee
#47 Digable Planets – Rebirth Of Slick(Cool Like Dat)
#48 L.L. Cool J. – I’m Bad
#49 Public Enemy – Rebel Without A Pause
#50 DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – Parents Just Don’t Understand
#51 Eminem – Stan
#52 Eric B. & Rakim – Paid In Full
#53 Heavy D. & The Boyz – Now That We Found Love
#54 L.L. Cool J. – Rock The Bells
#55 Lauryn Hill – Doo Wop(That Thing)
#56 Missy Elliott – Get Ur Freak On
#57 Outkast – The Way You Move
#58 Public Enemy – Bring The Noise
#59 Run D.M.C. – It’s Like That
#60 Special Ed – I Got It Made
#61 Notorious B.I.G. – Juicy
#62 L.L. Cool J. – Around The Way Girl
#63 U.T.F.O. – Roxanne
#64 Warren G – Regulate
#65 2Pac – Keep Ya Head Up
#66 Beastie Boys – Paul Revere
#67 Run D.M.C. – King Of Rock
#68 Craig Mack – Flava In Ya Ear
#69 Dr. Dre With Snoop Doggy Dogg – Dre Day
#70 Eric B. & Rakim – I Ain’t No Joke
#71 Snoop Dogg, Pharrell, & Uncle Charlie Wilson - Beautiful
#72 Jadakiss – Why
#73 Kanye West – Jesus Walks
#74 Run D.M.C. – Sucker M.C.’s
#75 Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh – La Di Da Di
#76 Snoop Doggy Dogg – Murder Was The Case
#77 Run D.M.C. – Jam Master Jay
#78 2Pac – I Get Around
#79 A Tribe Called Quest Feat. Busta Rhymes – Scenario
#80 Jay-Z – Hard Knock Life
#81 Biz Markie – The Vapors
#82 Eminem – Mosh
#83 Ice Cube – It Was A Good Day
#84 Ice-T – Colors
#85 2Pac – Dear Mama
#86 Jay-Z – Big Pimpin’
#87 N.W.A. – Fuck Tha Police
#88 Public Enemy – 911 Is A Joke
#89 Queen Latifah – U.N. I.T.Y.
#90 Salt-N-Pepa – Let’s Talk About Sex
#91 Slick Rick – Children’s Story
#92 3rd Bass – Pop Goes The Weasel
#93 Big Daddy Kane – Ain’t No Half Steppin’
#94 Common – I Used To Love H.E.R.
#95 Cypress Hill – How I Could Just Kill A Man
#96 N.W.A. – Straight Outta Compton
#97 Outkast – Ms. Jackson
#98 Boogie Down Productions – My Philosophy
#99 Fat Joe – Lean Back
#100 L.L. Cool J. – I Can’t Live Without My Radio

A great list, if I may say so myself.............

No comments:

Post a Comment