Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thinking Back

Sometimes when I sit back and reminisce about the past, I think about people I knew and wonder where they are in their lives and I wonder if they are content with what they've accomplished. Of course, I'm not completely satisfied with where I am in my life, but those who have been following me know that I'm doing everything possible to improve my existence. Frankly, my focus here is not so much on myself. I'm thinking about people I knew that passed away, and I wonder what might have been for them. Childhood friends like Johnny Z. and Jimmy Duval and Yves Brewer. I know Jimmy would've been the first person to give me a kick in the butt and push me to move forward in my life. I'm sad that they are not around, and I feel that they were all cheated by fate and we were cheated of the experience of having them around. They weren't given a fair opportunity to live their lives and contribute to society. There are, as far as I know, five members of the Stuy class of '87 that are no longer around and it's sad to have lost such intelligent people. I think the point I'm trying to make is to appreciate life and appreciate the people you know, because tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Life is short, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment