Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Maybe There's Something To This "The Secret" Stuff

I am surprised, amazed and a bit bewildered by how things have seemed to pretty much fall into place for me recently. I made a mental list a few years back of where I wanted to be in my life, by the age of 45. At that time, I was living with my parents in Whiting, NJ, I was working at Domino's Pizza, I had no career or romantic prospects at all and I couldn't even get a DJ or Karaoke gig. I was feeling really down and questioning why my life had gone so downhill. At that point, I stumbled upon a book called "The Secret" and I thought the whole premise of it was nuts. The idea of just wishing for things to happen seemed at best, a very odd notion and at worst, totally not logical, but I read it again and started to try and visualize what I really wanted in my life. Fortunately, things started to move in the right direction. I was able to get out of debt and save up enough cash to consider moving back to NY. Thanks to my friend Gerry, I was able to at least rent a room in his house in Long Island and start working for him. After two years, I was able to save again for a move to NYC. Nowadays, I'm basically bouncing between the East Village and Stuyvesant Town but I'm generally back home, where I've wanted to return for a long time. It looks like my career situation is coming together, between being in the process of becoming a court officer and landing some DJ/Karaoke gigs, all in the same neighborhood bar. It all seems to be coming together.The only thing left to wish for is to find that special lady to be with. It's ironic that two of my favorites are within walking distance of me. I don't know if things will continue to fall into place, and potentially involve either of them, but who knows........

No comments:

Post a Comment