Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Lonesome Loser(My Second Attempt At Poetry)

Sit down, take a look at yourself. Don't you want to be somebody....

I did a lot of sitting down, maybe way too much. I let a lot of time and opportunities go by. I figured the chance to become someone special would come easily for me or just be handed to me by someone, but that never happened. So now, in my forties, I wake up in a cold sweat and freak out because the alarm clock didn't go off for me, like it did for everyone else in their lives. I'm late for something, or a bunch of things, like the great job or my wedding day or the birth of children. I won't be attending any of those things today, but I wonder, is this the real path I was supposed to travel in this life, the one of obscurity, of near poverty, of perpetual loneliness and haunting dreams of what might have been or, am I extremely fortunate. That I have all four of my limbs, that I'm relatively healthy, and that I look a few years younger than my age. At least that's what a lot of people tell me. I'm lucky to not have the responsibilities of others, especially the friends who are divorced. I don't have the baggage, or the alimony or the child support. I sometimes also think, maybe I also missed the calling of complete self-destruction. I could have easily become a terrible drug-addict, or gambling freak or had deep depression to the point of suicide. But luckily, I have not gone in that direction either. Yes, there is still time for me, but the clock keeps ticking.....

Have you heard about the lonesome loser, he's a loser but he still keeps on trying......

No comments:

Post a Comment