Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Favorite Thirty Minutes Of The Day

Every morning, around 9:30 AM, I do something that I find to be challenging, enjoyable and productive. I get on the treadmill. My very brisk walk on there(at 2.7 mph) burns approximately 180 calories. It may not seem like much, but if I do it every day, it certainly adds up. I also do forty sit-ups and push-ups daily, but the treadmill has become something that I actually look forward to every day. I bring my blackberry and headphones with me, because the music I listen to helps to get me pumped up as I'm doing my thing. I have the blackberry set to play random tunes because I enjoy the element of surprise with my music. It could be a dance classic or a hair band tune to get me pumped or a sweet love song that reminds me of someone special. They all can motivate me to keep on moving along. It's a wonder how having goals in my mind can really be an effective tool for me to accomplish things. I regret the years I wasted in the past, when I didn't set any goals, but I guess you live and you learn. BTW, I currently weigh 212 and I have a goal of 185 to reach because it is a requirement for two possible career paths that I am waiting for. I think If I keep at it everyday and continue to watch the calorie intake, I shouldn't have a problem reaching this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment