Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Plans/Resolutions For 2011

     Like most people out there, I usually spend the month of December hustling around, getting ready for the holidays. I'll make my gift list out and go shopping, though this year, I've had to curtail my generosity, due to having great difficulty finding a job. Besides the holiday madness, like most people, I'll reflect on where I am in my life and I'll think about how to improve things over the next year. I'd have to say that physically, I'm in better shape than this time last year. I'm 37 lbs. lighter than the fat blob I was. I still have a ways to go and I'd like to work on improving my physical strength but overall, I've made great progress in that area.
  I took a step back financially due to my employment difficulties but I do see a light at the end of this tunnel with the interviews coming up this week. Hopefully, I will land one of these jobs and in 2011, I'll be able to work on developing two other streams of income through my e-business that I'm working on and hopefully be able to get out there and do some karaoke or DJ gigs. Maybe sometime during the year I'll get through the hiring process for either a court officer or corrections position. There's a lot of potential for me out there and I just hope it works out.
   I would like also, to be able to move back to where I'm from, the East Village or somewhere close to there. Oceanside is not a bad location, with its proximity to Long Beach and it's under an hour to Manhattan, but for future employment opportunities, I feel that it's necessary to free up some of that travel time, especially if I have three or more different things going on. Also, with my weakness in terms of social skills(don't let my Facebook or party planning skills fool you) I feel the need to be around as many women as possible, and Manhattan is the best place for that. An issue related to that is, the need to maybe lower my romantic expectations ever so slightly. I know that I may be aiming a little too high in this area. Miss Perfect is not exactly beating down my door, but maybe if everything goes right for me in 2011, she might at least, send me an email or a poke.

No comments:

Post a Comment