Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Wanna Go Home!

From my observations of others who have moved around in their lives, I can see that some people have a nomad's mentality. They can adjust very easily to moving from place to place and can settle in very well with new people and surroundings. I know others who refuse to budge from where they are and will do whatever it takes to make things work out. I, due to circumstances that were sometimes out of my control, have had to move around in my life. From the East Village of Manhattan, to Maspeth, Queens, to Whiting, NJ, to Oceanside, Long Island, and back to Whiting, NJ. I never really felt that I fit in in Queens, though I was there for 12 years. In New Jersey, I could barely get a job at all, except for working in various pizzerias. That hasn't changed this time either. In Long Island, I actually enjoyed being there, near the South Shore, but after my Census job ended, I couldn't find a suitable replacement. I love my parents but I do not want to live with them. I don't feel free here to do what I want and being surrounded by elderly people is depressing. I want to go back to NY and I want to be in very familiar territory, back on the east side. I know that it has become expensive, but it is such a cool place to live now. I think it would be a lot of fun. I've been looking at Craigslist a lot and I think I could possibly afford to at least rent a room in someone else's apartment, if I can land a very steady job(like court officer) and try to get my DJ/Karaoke business going again. I know that means I have to have a few things go my way, but my friends know how determined I can be. I'll make it work. I HAVE TO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment