Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Discovery and Transformation Experience

I will forever be grateful to an organization called The Consulting & Educational Center Of NY, otherwise known as CEC. They are located in Farmingdale, Long Island and the work they do is totally changing lives and I know that they have changed mine for the better. I first, went to a four-day workshop back in August called Discovery, where you explore what is going on in your mind and what issues have gotten in your way. At that point, I realized one big breakthrough in my mind, that I had spent most of my life, always looking for the easy way out, being lazy, doing what was safe and comfortable in my life and just enough to get by, instead of going the extra mile, taking chances and being a man of my word. It was too easy to lie and manipulate people and it is never too late to change. I took what I learned from Discovery but knew that I needed to continue on into the next workshop, called Transformation, which was held last week.
Honestly, I came into Transformation with a lot of anxiety and self-doubt. What I had learned from Discovery was there, but the pressure of real life, referred to as the "drift" washed away a lot of the new found confidence. I was unsure if Transformation would help me and I frankly doubted if I was really deserving of help. In the first two days, I hardly gave any effort at all. I behaved like a dead man walking, but after some tough love from my "teammates" and the staff, which includes my girlfriend, Katie, I started to really come alive and gain a lot from the experience. From this point on, I have felt like a different man. No fear of looking anyone in the eye, which has always been my main social hang-up. I may have other issues to solve, but this one is certainly well understood at this point. The last two days of the workshop were very uplifting for me and I am so grateful to my 26 fellow teammates, the staff(including Katie) and Sylvia, the instructor, who kicked our ass for 3 days and made us feel like kings, for the other two. I am sad that I won't be able to do the next workshop, called Leadership now, but,I would highly recommend this program to anyone and I will continue to help my teammates and spread the word about CEC. They have seriously made a difference in my life and I will always be grateful.
If anyone is interested in more information, their website is www.selfdiscover.org or you can email them at cec@selfdiscover.org

No comments:

Post a Comment